How to Recruit and Retain Young Professionals
Workshop/Breakout Session – 45 minutes to 3 hours
True workplace diversity initiatives encompass not only skin color, but generational diversity as well. In this workshop, we journey through the minds of young professionals – their expectations, hopes, and dreams as they embark on the first third of their career. We will review statistics and traits to demonstrate generalities among generations. We will discover points of common ground and use those to outline a communication strategy for effective team development. We will identify methods to increase loyalty and trust between the young professional and the organization. We will discuss suggestions for inter-generational management techniques. We will reemphasize the concept that mentorship is a key component of workplace development, especially for young professionals. Finally, we will measure the organization against the Young Professional Readiness Checklist, to identify existing areas of strengths and opportunities for improvement in attracting, retaining, and working with young professionals.
Please note that this program is typically highly customized to suit your organization and requires assistance of organizational staff to understand the current environment and determine the anticipated learning outcomes.
In this workshop, participants will learn to:
- Discuss effective communication methods with young professionals to ensure accurate understanding
- Identify points of inter-generational common ground to be relatable
- Outline strategies for inter-generational management techniques for effective team development
- Identify methods to increase trust and loyalty between the young professional and organization for better staff retention
- Measure the organization against the Young Professional Readiness Checklist to determine strengths and opportunities for improvement